Sunday 22 March 2015

Fairy Tale

A little girl sits with her eyes shinning bright
As she gazes up and listens to a story one night
A story about a princess with all her riches and love
With all her heart's desires fulfilled by up above.
She sits every night ever since, 
and silently prays for her prince.

She was yet to learn that there was more to life than a knight in shinning armour
That the riches that she wished for were more than simple worldly glamour
She was a princess of the highest order
To her kindness there would be no border

She leaves at 14 on her first date
Not knowing what fate might await
She gives herself up completely 
And gets hurt deeply
Her sobs are heart wrenching 
As she looks to the sky, her hands clenching

Evening star, make my fairy tale come true
Without it I wouldn't know what to do
Cos I believe I'm a princess of some sort
And that I deserve all the treasures unbought.

-Deveney Abilene Roberts.

No comments:

Post a Comment